At QDB, we recognize that starting a business requires more than just funding. That is why we provide candidates with necessary support through our business advisory services and give them a professional assessment of their business. We nurture the business through its early stage and continue to provide business advisory services where and when needed.
In addition to financing, support and guidance at early stages are the key success factors for start-up companies and small and medium enterprises to grow and prosper. With this key fact in mind, QDB offers value-added services to provide entrepreneurs with the necessary know-how which includes business education, skills and resources to enable entrepreneurs to successfully compete in the local and international markets. The following services are offered by the department:
- Business development services to help entrepreneurs developing their own feasibility studies, conducting market research and selecting appropriate technology.
- Business counselling to both start-up and existing companies.
- Providing entrepreneurs with tools for enhancing their soft skills.
- Developing contacts with financial and non-financial support agencies.
Value added Services
- Business Development Service Providers Scheme: As part of our efforts to enhance the role of advisory services and increase the number of successful private sector companies, we work in association with a number of empanelled Business Development service providers to assist entrepreneurs to prepare their business plans, feasibility studies and provide need based capacity building support. Download our suggestive guidelines for preparing feasibility studies.
- SME Toolkit: The QDB Toolkit is a "One-stop shop" created as an online resource center that provides valuable advice and business tips, empowering small businesses in Qatar. It is a web based interactive portal developed to help the private sector enterprises in Qatar.
- BEDAYA Center for Entrepreneurship and Career Guidance, QDB and SILATECH Corporation have come together to support young entrepreneurs through collaboration. The Center aims to provide youth (aged 18-30) with a comprehensive range of professional services including Business Development support services, post-job placement support and career guidance counselling.
Following are the broader objectives of BEDAYA Center:
1- Support entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation among the young.
2- Provide access to skill development services.
3- Provide career guidance and counselling services.