To be eligible for the SME Excellence List, an enterprise must meet the following criteria;
· Type of company:
1. A commercial, for-profit enterprise, engaged in value-added economic activity in Qatar
2. Based in Qatar with a minimum 51% of Qatari shareholding
· Existence in Qatar:
1. In existence in Qatar for a minimum period of 3 years at the time of application
2. Holding a valid Commercial Registration number in Qatar
· Willingness to share information:
1. Willing to disclose financial statements for the past 3 years for the purpose of screening as well as performance evaluation. Un-audited financial statements will be considered for assessment; however enterprises with Audited Financial statements will be given a preference in the SME Excellence List.
2. Once shortlisted for evaluation, the enterprise will be required to participate in the interviews, and site visits. They will also be required to furnish additional documents to support and validate the discussions during/after the site visits.
Benefits of Participation
· The List will provide greater credibility and visibility to the SME across Government entities as well as the Private sector. Featuring in the SME Excellence List will help the SME position itself as one of the top-performers in the sector and thus assist them to win coveted procurement contracts
· Featuring in the SME Excellence List will enable SMEs to be looked upon as professional enterprises and thus attract a skilled pool of employees
· All the above will consequently improve the competitiveness of the SME in Qatar
· Additionally, the publication featuring the top performing SMEs shall be showcased locally, regionally and globally providing the SMEs greater visibility.
Terms & Conditions for Participation:
· The applicant can either be a holding company or a subsidiary. Thus the owner will need to decide which is the best application to be included in the current ranking cycle. Both the Holding company and the subsidiary cannot participate in the SME Excellence List, in the same cycle of evaluation.
· If the subsidiary participates it must follow the thresholds laid out in the Qatar SME definition.
· Government entities and not-for-profit entities are not eligible for participation
· Enterprises who are a branch of a foreign company or a franchise of an international brand are not eligible for participation
· SMEs which have a direct / indirect investment from a QDB employee are not eligible for participation
· SMEs should display a distinct value add benefit to the economy
· SMEs with a favorable Credit Bureau Report would be given a due consideration for short-listing. SMEs with adverse Credit Bureau Report might not be considered for further evaluations.
· Companies that do not meet the criteria can complete the application form and select the ‘Inform me in the next cycle’ option
· The Technical Panel reserves the right to relax / modify the qualification criteria.
· This is a ranking program; and the Technical Committees decision will be deemed final.