The Co-Investment Program is the first of its kind in Qatar. It aims to support economic diversification by encouraging private-sector investment initiatives. Through this program, QDB supports and promotes the engagement of private sector players and individual investors to co-invest together into innovative SMEs and startups.
Note: Exceptions to the maximum funding limit can be made on a case-by-case basis. The maximum share of the co-investment by QDB is subject to the investment team’s recommendation with a maximum ownership of QDB’s investment arm in the company not to exceed 49%.
The applicant must be a certified investor, and the following criteria will apply:
1. Has a minimum Net Asset Value of QAR 2.6 million
2. Has a minimum annual income of QAR 550K.
1. Has experience of investing as an individual, company or a fund
2. Has a relevant professional background i.e. entrepreneur, startup founder, family business, investment banker
3. Has existing certification or accreditation for venture capital investments and understands the risk of venture capital investments (to be waived for existing professionals)
4. Recognized as an investor by an Angel Network or Investment Club
5. Has experience of Exits in past investments/startups.
Due Diligence: A detailed due diligence based on screening and assessment criteria to be conducted by investor(s) on the company before approaching QDB for co-investment. QDB then will assess, perform a quality check on the due diligence, and conduct additional due diligence if required, prior to making the final decision.
Export development and promotion program Tasdeer offers you multiple tools that help you identify your export opportunities and tap into world markets in a sustainable manner
Under the patronage of H.E. Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior of Qatar, the inaugural SME Excellence List recognizes and celebrates the top performing SMEs in Qatar
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REFER TO THE FAQS BY CLICKING HERE